What Is Provider Bridge?
Provider Bridge is a platform that streamlines the process for mobilizing health care professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic and future public health emergencies. Utilizing communications pathways and new technology, Provider Bridge makes it easier to connect health care professionals with state agencies and health care entities in order to quickly increase access to care for patients via telehealth.
Provider Bridge eases the burden on health care professionals and supports license portability by:
- Providing a directory of state and federal COVID-19 resources.
- Offering a dedicated customer service hub to help clinicians navigate current state licensure requirements, including those specific to telehealth, during states of emergency.
- Utilizing a technology platform to allow health care professionals to register and voluntarily submit their credentials and professional background information that can be used to identify them as willing to treat patients via telehealth in highly impacted areas.
- Producing official, digital documents of licensure information for clinicians that are recognized and accepted by licensing entities and other state agencies during states of emergency.
Provider Bridge makes it easier for state agencies and health care entities to connect with registered health care professionals to expand workforce needs by:
- Providing access to a database of information for verified, volunteer clinicians willing to provide telehealth services during emergencies.